I’m a huge fan of keeping my life as simple and eco-friendly as possible, which includes my skincare. The beauty industry is notorious for its harsh treatment of the environment and animals. It’s been a growing of mine for years and I made a pledge to myself, the earth, and all her creatures to honor her and do minimal harm. This includes my skincare routine so I searched for some brands that have the same ethics as me. Without further do, here are some of my favorite eco-friendly and vegan skincare brands and why I love them.
Mad Hippie – A US brand that originated on the west coast.
A little about them..
- No products are tested on animals and are not sold in countries where animal testing is required.
- 100% Vegan
- donates $1 from every website sale to conservation with TerraCycle
- produces packaging from sugarcane plastic that’s recyclable and uses soy-based ink for labels on FSC paper.
Pacifica – a brand created in the mid-’90s this brand is an affordable luxury.
- uses post-consumer recycled materials in packaging
- Doesn’t test in countries that require animal testing
- PETA Certified
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Doesn’t test on animals
- Part of a recycling program where all #5 plastics get turned into preserved razors and toothbrushes.
Youth To The People – made in California this brand is all about preserving the earth and your skin.
This brand is…
- Glass bottles and jars to reduce plastic waste
- Uses post-consumer materials
- Uses local supplies when possible
- Vegan cruelty-free and ocean-safe materials
- Fsc certified boxes and uses recyclable paper from manufacturing partner Neenag to reduce landfill dependency
- Their ‘To the plane fund’ is a non-profit that helps women, children, and people of color that have been burdened by catastrophes to work to safeguard our wild places, biodiversity, and climate breakdown.
Face Theory – started in 2015 this brand gives you the high-price feel without the high-priced tag.
- Uses Glass jars or aluminum tubes to reduce recyclable plastic use but will use plastic if necessary
- Use as little packaging as possible
- Does not test on animals
- Uses RPSO-sourced palm oil.
I hope this very simple list of my favorite eco-friendly and vegan skincare brands helps you find your favorite brand and furthers you on your journey! I hope you like it and I’ll see you again at the next one.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. If you would to know more please click here.