The enchantment of bohemian cooking lies in the art of crafting dishes that not only delight the palate but also nourish the soul. Today, we’re embarking on a culinary journey that combines the wholesome allure of split peas with the vibrant embrace of fresh spinach, carrots, and celery. This unique Spinach and Split Pea Soup is a symphony of colors, textures, and flavors, celebrating the essence of boho cuisine. Let’s explore the key ingredients that make this dish a vibrant masterpiece.
1. Split Peas: The Heart and Soul At the core of our Spinach and Split Pea Soup are the humble split peas. These dried legumes are not only budget-friendly but also packed with protein and dietary fiber. As they simmer and soften, they infuse the soup with a hearty and earthy flavor, setting the foundation for a comforting culinary experience.
2. Spinach: The Leafy Elegance Adding a touch of bohemian elegance to the mix, fresh spinach introduces a burst of vibrant green color and a wealth of nutrients. Spinach’s earthy, slightly peppery taste complements the richness of the split peas, creating a harmonious balance in every spoonful. It’s a salute to the freshness of the outdoors, even in the coziest of soups.
3. Carrots: The Sweetness of Nature Carrots, with their natural sweetness and brilliant orange hue, contribute not only to the soup’s visual appeal but also to its flavor profile. As they soften and blend with the other ingredients, they infuse a subtle, naturally sweet note, adding depth to the ensemble.
4. Celery: The Earthy Crunch Our culinary adventure wouldn’t be complete without the addition of celery, with its crisp and earthy charm. The celery’s subtle crunch and aromatic essence provide a pleasing contrast to the creaminess of the split peas, giving our soup an extra layer of texture and flavor.
In the world of bohemian cuisine, each ingredient serves a unique purpose, coming together to create a dish that’s as delightful to the eyes as it is to the taste buds. This Spinach and Split Pea Soup not only warms our bodies but also nurtures our boho spirit. So, embrace the vibrant world of bohemian cooking, where simple, wholesome ingredients are elevated to a higher level, adding a splash of whimsy to every meal. Stay tuned for the full recipe, and let your boho kitchen adventures begin!
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 lb of split peas
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
In a large pan pour about 1/4 cup of broth in the bottom of the pan. Add onion and garlic, and cook until translucent.
Add carrots, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper for taste. Stir to distribute spices evenly.
And the remaining ingredients, except the spinach, and bring to a boil. After 15 minutes add spinach and stir.
Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for an additional 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
This recipe makes a lot of soup and will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, in the freezer it will last for 2-3 months.