I’m a huge fan of keeping my life as simple and eco-friendly as possible, which includes my skincare. The beauty industry is notorious for its harsh treatment of the environment and animals. It’s been a growing of mine for years and I made a pledge to myself, the earth, and all her creatures to honor her and do minimal harm. This includes my skincare routine so I searched for some brands that have the same ethics as me. Without further do, here are some of my favorite eco-friendly and vegan skincare brands and why I love them.
Mad Hippie – A US brand that originated on the west coast.
A little about them..
- No products are tested on animals and are not sold in countries where animal testing is required.
- 100% Vegan
- donates $1 from every website sale to conservation with TerraCycle
- produces packaging from sugarcane plastic that’s recyclable and uses soy-based ink for labels on FSC paper.
See my review of Mad Hippie Serum here
Pacifica – a brand created in the mid-’90s this brand is an affordable luxury.
- uses post-consumer recycled materials in packaging
- Doesn’t test in countries that require animal testing
- PETA Certified
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Doesn’t test on animals
- Part of a recycling program where all #5 plastics get turned into preserved razors and toothbrushes.
Youth To The People – made in California this brand is all about preserving the earth and your skin.
This brand is…
- Glass bottles and jars to reduce plastic waste
- Uses post-consumer materials
- Uses local supplies when possible
- Vegan cruelty-free and ocean-safe materials
- Fsc certified boxes and uses recyclable paper from manufacturing partner Neenag to reduce landfill dependency
- Their ‘To the plane fund’ is a non-profit that helps women, children, and people of color that have been burdened by catastrophes to work to safeguard our wild places, biodiversity, and climate breakdown.
Read my Review For Youth To The People Here
Face Theory – started in 2015 this brand gives you the high-price feel without the high-priced tag.
- Uses Glass jars or aluminum tubes to reduce recyclable plastic use but will use plastic if necessary
- Use as little packaging as possible
- Does not test on animals
- Uses RPSO-sourced palm oil.
I hope this very simple list of my favorite eco-friendly and vegan skincare brands helps you find your favorite brand and furthers you on your journey! I hope you like it and I’ll see you again at the next one.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. If you would to know more please click here.
My favorite zero waste brand is Earth Melody ! I love their deodorant, face wash and their face cream.
I’ll have to check them out!